Posts tagged ‘green’
Do The Green Thing is the triumphant scion of Media and the Environment. A green not-for-profit that started in England, Do The Green Thing hangs a gallery of public generated videos and stories promoting a greener life.
Do The Green Thing sorts each piece into one of seven genres:
- You get from A to B without any C when you Walk The Walk
- It’s delicious but it causes more CO2 than cars so go Easy On The Meat
- Resist the urge to buy the latest and Stick With What You Got
- Turn down the central heating and turn up the Human Heat
- The art of wasting nothing and using up everything: All-Consuming
- Instead of jetting your way around the world, Stay Grounded
- Don’t leave it on or even put it on, Plug Out
In mode, Do The Green Thing also capitalizes on other social media capacities. Signing-up to Do The Green Thing surpasses adding one’s name to a database of pledges. Instead one creates an online profile to chat, share and critique with world citizens within the Do The Green Thing network.
Green merchandise, such as winter gloves and “Saved” T-Shirts are also marketed on the website.
While looking at eco-friendly clothing products, I found the “Saved” T-Shirts on the dothegreenthing website. What I discovered was so much more. Not only did the website come up with categories for a more environmentally sound lifestyle, there were public generated videos to reaffirm and support each aspect. What an awesome website to happen upon!